Please sign in to post.

Rail Passes

I have a trip planned to the following countries France, Germany, Poland Czech, Netherlands I currently have a 9 day travel pass....Do you think this pass would suffice

Posted by
19099 posts

Well, you have at least four days of actual travel, France to Germany to Poland to Czech to Netherlands, but you have 15-17 days. What do you plan to do with the other days. Without a detailed itinerary, no one can answer your question - and then you could answer it yourself.

Posted by
3 posts

Maybe you I was not clear enough in my question .... beside the country where it says 3-4 days etc... that means that's how long I'm staying in that particular country... My question is is a 9 day travel pass efficient enough to to cover travelling when i a going from one country to another

Posted by
833 posts

If you will not be traveling around much inside each country, it will be enough. You can always buy point to point (p2p as you'll see it on the boards) tickets for short trips inside the countries for the most part, and use your pass for the days where you travel between each country. Each day you use the pass takes a day off your total. So you will have 9 days covered on it--your travel days between each country--and four more. If you are staying in one city or willing to buy the p2p tickets for any other days, it will cover you. If you plan on moving around and using a train every single day, it will not. Really it's up to you if it will cover you or not, it depends on how much you plan on traveling. P2P tickets generally turn out to be cheaper (except maybe on long routes like your trips between countries) so it would work out fine anyways if you need to buy some.