Please sign in to post.

accommodations in cinque terre

Driving from Florence where is there any accommodations in Venezza? or where else to stay? Any website to offer to search for accommodations. Thanks
JF

Posted by
32303 posts

Joan, If you have a Library or large book store close by, I'd suggest having a look at the Italy 2011 Guidebook, as there are lots of suggestions for accommodations in all of the five villages, including Vernazza. Cheers!

Posted by
11600 posts

Joan:
Try http://www.tripadvisor.com for ideas and ratings. You might do better to book directly with the B&B, though. And a Ken mentioned, you need a good guidebook for Vernazza ( note spelling) and anywhere else you are traveling. When are you traveling? Some people are reporting that it is difficult to get rooms already for peak months this year. Don't overlook Monterosso, Manarola, and Riomaggiore as options.

Posted by
934 posts

Since you are driving you will have to consider where you are going to park. Montorosso has a large parking lot and is not difficlt to drive into.Riomaggiore has some parking at the top of the town which is limited.It is a easy drive into Riomaggiore from LaSpezia.

Posted by
1943 posts

I would also suggest looking in to Levanto, which is just north of the CT and a few minutes away via local train. It is quieter, has a lovely bay and is more of a 'beach' community. We stayed there in 2004 and really enjoyed getting away from the crush of folks in the CT at the end of the day.

Posted by
42 posts

we stayed at Giuliano Basso's in Vernazza and absolutely loved it. It was in December 2 years ago. Even tho it was freezing cold, we sat on the patio and had our wine at the cocktail hour. Great place to stay. I t is about 100 stair steps to reach,which makes for a great view. He will meet you at the local wine shop and carry your luggage. See Rick Steeves book for details. We have never been disappointed in his recommendations.

Posted by
42 posts

we stayed at Giuliano Basso's in Vernazza and absolutely loved it. It was in December 2 years ago. Even tho it was freezing cold, we sat on the patio and had our wine at the cocktail hour. Great place to stay. I t is about 100 stair steps to reach,which makes for a great view. He will meet you at the local wine shop and carry your luggage. See Rick Steeves book for details. We have never been disappointed in his recommendations.