Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Cinque Terre

I am visiting in October. Would like to know about pensiones, rooms, apartments or studios recommended...prefer either Vernazza, Manarola or Corniglia. Any and all details welcomed!

Posted by
32324 posts

Maria, You might want to have a look at a copy of the Italy Guidebook (there should be a copy available in your local Library or book stores). The books have listings for reliable lodgings in each of the five villages, so that would be the best way to find something that meets your criteria. Happy travels!

Posted by
56 posts

Or if you're only going to Cinque Terre in Italy with no any other destinations in Italy, then you can get the Rick Steves' Snapshot Italy's Cinque Terre.

Posted by
11645 posts

I also recommend Trip Advisor. When I looked a few days ago, there were 31 B&Bs in Vernazza alone rated in TA. Do not rely on TA for reservations, though. Contact the B&B or hotel directly.

Posted by
2092 posts

Wow, Laurel! I didn't think Vernazza was big enough to have 31 B&Bs!!!

Posted by
7209 posts

...if you build them they will come! Maybe in October you won't have to deal with the choking throngs of tourists. When we visited in June a couple of years ago the train from Vernazza to Monterosso was absolutely jam-packed. And I don't use the phrase jam-packed loosely. We piled on both sitting and standing and just when you think you can't possibly squeeze 1 more person - 20 more push and shove and cram till we could hardly breathe. When the train went around bends in the track the people standing really didn't have to hold on at all...we were so squeezed in there was no room for losing your footing or bending or swaying. Glad I had my money belt on!

Posted by
1717 posts

Hello Maria,
In the book "Rick Steves' ITALY" is information of recommended places for overnight accomodation in the Cinque Terre villages. Rick Steves visited all those places. Vernazza and Manarola have pleasant private rooms. I stayed in a room in Vernazza. My favorite village in the Cinque Terre is Manarola. Some people may think the long walk through the tunnel to the Manorola train station is an inconvenience.

Posted by
1924 posts

Loved Giuilano Basso Rooms! Beautiful room with a terrace and gorgeous view up on the hill. Plus, we had the privilege of spending lots of time with Giuilano and loved him! It is located in Vernazza and was rated #1 on Tripadvisor when I looked last.