Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Barcelona

Me again! Where have you stayed in Barcelona? We are going in April--the week before Easter and will arrive on Wednesday. I have read the books, but wonder what other people have to say. Thanks!

Posted by
7 posts

I stayed at Hotel Gaudi off of Las Ramblas. It's very convenient. My 3 friends and I split a quad and the price was reasonable.

Posted by
1178 posts

Hotel La Cathedral, adjacent to Cathedral Square...good location and nice facilities. Be sure to get reserations somewhere NOW! You will be there (in Spain) during the holy week and things can be tight.

Posted by
707 posts

In October, 2009, we stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona and enjoyed it. The hotel is just a few steps from the top of the Ramblas so it's convenient to lots of the sights. It has some unusual features; see the RS Spain guidebook for a full description that, I think, is quite accurate.
Have a great trip.

Posted by
811 posts

We stayed at the Evenia Rossello hotel in the Eixample neighborhood and loved it. Nice hotel, walking distance to major sights, near a few Metro lines if we didn't feel like walking, and there was a grocery store across the street. Highly recommend.

Posted by
2168 posts

We enjoyed L'Antic Espai. Great location near Plaza Catalunya. It's a small boutique hotel filled with antiques. Very responsive to inquiries.

Posted by
7900 posts

Depends what you want. We looked at a number of Hotels near the Ramblas, but wound up at Aparthotel Silver. We are staying a week, paying about 75 euro for a double, we have a kitchenette (frig, burner, microwave) plus we have a good size terrace. We are a block from the Fontana Metro station on L3, so we can get down P.D. Gracia and the Ramblas quickly or walk and enjoy. The Gracia neighborhood is nice in that we have a wide choice of restaurants and shopping, but can get almost anywhere to do something else.