Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in Amsterdam

I would appreciate any information on good hotels in Amsterdam. Thanks Dana

Posted by
1064 posts

If it is recommendations you want, that information is readily available on Graffiti Wall. For Amsterdam, see http://www.ricksteves.com/books/feedback/static/136_2.htm For details about prices, amenities, etc., check the guidebooks, including Rick Steves, and/or check Trip Advisor, booking.com and various other hotel information sites on the web. The following site has lots of options on houseboats and apartments in Amsterdam. I have used it successfully. http://www.houseboathotel.nl/

Posted by
875 posts

We really liked the t'hotel. It's a couple of blocks from the Anne Frank house and is on a nice canal. Nothing fancy, but the rooms facing the canal are very spacious and comfortable. Nice breakfast included.

Posted by
676 posts

B&B Batavia. Two rooms only, owners live upstairs. About 10 min walk from Anne Frank House. Good breakfast, in your room. I've stayed there twice, loved it. Small room 86euros, large 104. Easily walkable from train station

Posted by
92 posts

Dana, I have only stayed at the Ibis Hotel near Schiphol and the Novotel, part of the accor chain. The Ibis Hotel is nothing fancy, but I haven't had any complaints. I have stayed there in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009, and it was reasonable. (for two around $115.00 a night for a 2 twin beds).(about 84 EUROS). However , if you want to go into Amsterdam Center, you must go by hotel shuttle to Schiphol and then take a local train to the Central station, it takes about 10-15 minutes. Of course, you would have to do the same thing when you return to your hotel. Most of the hotels in Central Amsterdam are more expensive for the night. However, depending on your budget you can find a closer hotel. Have a great trip and have fun.

Posted by
9420 posts

We stayed at The Toren hotel, a RS recommendation, and liked it very much.

Posted by
73 posts

Where in Amsterdam do you want to go, for how long and what daytrips do you have in mind - there are a lot of options, but the best choice depends on your plans.