Please sign in to post.

Overnight at CDG

We are planning to stay at CDG the night prior to our morning flight to the USA. Does anyone have any feedback on the B and B Hotel - Roissy or any other reasonable hotel near CDG with complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport?

Posted by
9110 posts

B&B is one of the many French budget chains. I've stayed in a batch, but never that one - - but they're all identical. I'd assume their shuttle bus is the same as anybody else's - - just fine. My druthers for a quick, one-night stand would be the ETAP (also on the airport with a shuttle), which would run maybe ten bucks less. Next door to the ETAP is a Formule1, with a further ten-dollar reduction, but only a sink in the room (the rest is in banks down the hall and spotless as well as self-cleaning). Accor owns both F1 and ETAP so they share the shuttle. Breakfast in all three is not worth the price, but they all have good grind-at-a-time machine coffee. Next to the two Accor hotels is another one under the corporate umbrella which has a restaurant (name unremembered) which serves all three - - a bit better, but not great. For ranking: my wife yells at the thought of F1, will stay in an ETAP, but prefers the B&B.

Posted by
32921 posts

Ed, its a Suite Novotel (the new fangled name for Suitehotel - without all the bells and whistles we have learned to love) and also an Ibis next to F1 and Etap. And, fwiw, my wife won't go near an F1, much less into one. All other levels, ok, but not F1. Me, I would - but haven't.