Please sign in to post.

TSA scanners

I have no problem with public nudity. Would it be acceptable legally to just strip down to bra and undies to go through the new scanner? Kind of to make it easier for everyone, and kind of to prove a point... what is the minimum amount of clothing I need to wear to NOT be arrested?

Posted by
15048 posts

This has already been tried. The people are asked to put their clothing back on. If anything, you will get more scrutiny and the process will take longer. The scanners can see through your clothing so there's no need to strip off. Unless, you're just trying to get attention.

Posted by
9110 posts

From my reading on the subject, I think attire is a seasonal option. Please note that I live in Florida where it is warm. I've also just finished building a scanner at my back door and my wife is out of town. My TSA suit should show up by UPS any day now and I just bought a deputy dawg badge at K-mart.........

Posted by
32213 posts

Stacy, As Frank II mentioned, this has been tried recently at U.S. airports both by male and female travellers. According to the news reports I saw, the male was wearing a Speedo and the female a Bikini. In the case of the male, he was repeatedly asked by the TSA officiall to "put a shirt on" and the process DID take far longer (I'm sure those in the line after him weren't amused). The process for the female was far quicker, and no one seemed to raise any objections (I wonder why???). If you're not completely "nude", I doubt that you'd be arrested. Cheers!

Posted by
23276 posts

Must be important to Stacy since she had posted the same question three times in different locations.

Posted by
9110 posts

I thought it was a troll, hence my somewhat less than earnest answer.