Please sign in to post.

Hotels in London

I have researched several budget hotels in London and have narrowed them down to three: Blades Hotel,
Lime Tree Hotel and Luna & Simon Hotel, all within a very central location. I would love to hear about any experiences with these hotels.

Posted by
23554 posts

It has been several years since we used Lime Tree but it was a great hotel at the time but I would not classify it as a budget hotel. We have also used the Winchester Hotel in the same area and it was more reasonable. Both hotels are just around the corner from Victoria Station.

Posted by
977 posts

Go to Trip Advisor and put in the names of these hotels. Get a feel for what the general thoughts are of people who have stayed there.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you. I'll be checking the Winchester. I've been on Trip Advisor and found many pros and cons for all the listed hotels. Alot of them were from 2009 and back so I'm trying to get the most current info.

Posted by
1155 posts

I stayed at the Luna Simone for 2 nights just a little over a month ago. I had picked it because of this site and tripadvisor and I certainly was very happy with it. It's about a 10 minute walk from Victoria Station, and bus #24 stops right in front of it and we took it to Parliament/Big Ben area but I believe it goes all the way to Trafalgar Square. The room was small but I was expecting that. The included English breakfast hit the spot also. Definitely a thumbs up for me!

Posted by
52 posts

Hi Marion: I just returned from London, spent 4 nights at the Lime Tree Hotel, November 4 to November 9. Not a budget hotel, but we loved it. The room, breakfast and staff were wonderful. Would stay again on my next visit.

Posted by
85 posts

Love, love, love the Blades Hotel. The people are wonderful, and a great source of information about London (and many other places.) It's a nice, well-kept place with breakfast included and a good location (bus stop and underground station very close.) It's the only place we will stay in London.

Posted by
1 posts

budget accommodation london
It's for me the best site to find budget accommodations in London. Cheap and good ubications. I hasnt problems never with these people. Greetins!

Posted by
359 posts

Have stayed at both; 1st at Lime Tree then Luna Simone. Hands down the Luna does it for me and have stayed there 3 times since; most recently last year. If all you need is a double, try for rooms 207 or 208 -both have tiny balconies overlooking the street.