Please sign in to post.

Corfu, Greece

I'm traveling to Corfu in a couple of weeks. The cruise tours are quite pricey. Has anyone booked a local tour guide they would like to recommend? Are there available local taxis/buses when you depart the ship that offer reasonable tours?

Posted by
8293 posts

Your question would be better asked at cruisecritic.com. Go to "ports" (of call), then to your itinerary (Eastern or Western Med.) and find Corfu. Lots of info for you there

Posted by
8 posts

Not knowing how old you are it is difficult to suggest. I found best and cheapest way of touring Corfu was to hire a motorized bike (not a motorbike!) for which you did not need a special licence. Great fun. Taxis are inexpensive but you would not want to hire one for the day. Will you be based in Corfu town?

Posted by
8 posts

Hi Jack Thank you. I'm 49 years old and very active. Yes, we are docking near the old town. I would like to know if there are local guides or taxis for the day.

Posted by
5678 posts

Wow, Jack, you just sent me flying back in time! I was on Corfu during spring break while studying in Germany. My two friends and i rented mopeds from Youth Hostel and went all over the island. It was terrific. I think I might even do it again at over 50. ; ) Pam

Posted by
8 posts

Go for it Pam, think I might give it another try too now you mention it. Rosy there are tours, I took one which I found out about from the Tourist Information in Corfu Town. There are a few folk touting for business as tour quides but I can't vouch for them. As I say Tourist Info as they will only pass on information regarding bona fide companies. Bound to be cheaper than organised cruise tours too.

Posted by
53 posts

Four of us rented a car and had a great time. My friend and her husband hired a taxi driver to drive them to a few of the major sights and were very happy with that decision. Try to get to the Paleokastritsa monastery if at all possible; that was definitely my favorite spot in Corfu.