Please sign in to post.

housing

I would like to rent a room from a Parisian family for a week. Where would I go about finding this?

Posted by
108 posts

I usually recommend this agency ny habitat that I've used for both New York and Paris apartment rentals. They do B&B in New York, they may have hosted rooms, check out their website www.nyhabitat.com One of the things I like with them is that the prices they display already includes their fees for short stays so no bad surprise.

Posted by
811 posts

there are plenty posts here about internet sites you can look for rentals, such as homeaway.com, etc. you look up the property and if you want to rent the websites will notify the owner. sometimes you can email the owner directly to get direction of the place, and ask for details. i rented once and it was a good deal - in the marais area behind a little science museum cheaper than hotel for longer stay. i got a kitchen but turns out i didn't use it but if you do want to save money you can cook there. the owner lived in a village but came to the place to meet me. i paid him cash on the spot, and when i leave i just put the key on the table and lock the room. it's a very simple process and there are plenty info on the internet you can find.

Posted by
693 posts

Try checking with cooking or language schools in Paris area; they can sometimes refer you to room rental. Also try FUSAC, American language newspaper in Paris with classifieds. Good luck!