Please sign in to post.

Cardref House in London

Has anyone stayed at the Cardref House(formerly linked with the James House)on Ebury near Victoria Station?

Posted by
32324 posts

Beverly, I assume you're referring to Cartref House. Yes, I've stayed there and assuming nothing has changed, I'd certainly recommend it. The rooms were not luxurious but very comfortable, and the owners are wonderful. As I recall, there's no elevator so you'll need to be able to haul your luggage upstairs. The Hotel is a comfortable walk from Victoria station, and just around the corner (about a two minute walk) from the Victoria Coach Depot. The area is nice and within easy walking distance to some of the major sights (Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, etc.); the Ebury Wine Bar is right across the street. Happy travels!

Posted by
1829 posts

"on Ebury near Victoria Station"

Just a heads up. We do not truncate place/street names. If you do, when you ask for directioms you will get puzzled looks and maybe misdirections! This is because street names include the names of places elsewhere in England eg "Southampton", "Leicester" and names are also used more than once with differing attachments eg "Street", "Road", "Place" etc etc.

Same goes for Underground stations.

Posted by
3262 posts

We've stayed there too and as Ken mentioned it's comfortable but not fancy - a little frayed around the edges when we were there about 4 years ago. Just don't know how much it's changed since it's not associated with the James House anymore. The best part for me is the location - it is on a quiet street that is an easy walk from Victoria Station. Walking in the neighborhood nearby is very nice.

Posted by
18 posts

Thanks for the input.

And,Linda,a special thanks for the "form" advice.