Please sign in to post.

Naples for the day - help with itinerary

I will be based in Sorrento for seven days. My plan is to visit Naples for one day. I'd like to visit the Arch. Museum, Capidimonte Museum, Chapel San Severo, Church of Pio Monte della Misercordia and pizza at DaMichele. Can the experts on this board help me with my route? We'd like to visit the Arch. Museum in the morning and Capidimonte in the pm. Thanks.

Posted by
152 posts

I did Naples last year and LOVED it. I did the Arch musuem right as it opened in the morning and then walked Spaccanapoli until San Severo. At the end of Spaccanapoli, turn right and there is the birthplace of pizza...it's called Michele-something. You can get Rick's guidebook and it's in there. Simple pizza made in the original brick ovens. I absolutely loved Naples and went back another day. It's gritty and you have to be very careful of pickpockets and snatchers on vespas, but again, I loved it. There is also the old section of town...ah, Napoli! Oh and you want to get down by the waterfront too to see the fish market.

Posted by
1 posts

I was in Sorrento 5 days in May and we also went to Naples and Isle of Capri while awaiting the start of our tour and relaxing. Taking the ferry from Sorrento was fun, fast, and drops you close to much of what you want to see. We started a bus tour but dropped it when we found we could walk most places that filled our day. Naples was far less expensive and has more choice than Sorrento. I had no luggage so bought clothes in Naples that could not be found reasonably in Sorrento, although that too was fun and interesting. Jim