Please sign in to post.

Schengen Visa Question

I am in the US on a work permit. I am travelling to Europe with my parents who are visiting from India.They have already got their visas for Europe from India. I am applying for mine. Do I need to show who I am travelling with and copies of their visas etc along with mine? Will the embassy need details of why I have a triple room booked whrn I am travelling by myself?

Posted by
15063 posts

Just answer the questions on the visa application.Don't offer more than you are asked. That just causes trouble. They will not ask about your accomodations since most people don't make hotel reservations until they get the visa. You won't be asked about where you are staying or who you are visiting until you arrive in the country. To which country are you applying?

Posted by
15 posts

Hi Frank Thanks, I dont want to tell them unnecessary details. The reason I was worried is the form asks for proof of acco for every night. All my confirmations are for 3 people. So I was wondering if looking at that in the bookings will raise eyebrows.

Posted by
15063 posts

Where does it ask for that? Are you referring to question 31? Just write down the name of the first hotel you're staying in. And guess what...you can always change it. The visa will not specify any specific hotel. They want to make sure you're not trying to sneak into the country to work. If you have a hotel, they can check the reservation. Now....dont' get all paranoid about a triple. Just put down the name, address and email of the hotel.

Posted by
2349 posts

You could just as easily be traveling with two friends from America or England. Your visa should just concern you.

Posted by
873 posts

Requirements may vary depending on where you are applying. I got my Schengen Visa through the German consulate in San Francisco, and they actually called me to confirm who I was traveling with. I am guessing because my boyfriend's name was on the plane tickets and lodging confirmations. Best to include all available info to avoid any delays, especially if you're not applying in person.