Please sign in to post.

Spain car rental

We will be needing a car for a week in August out of Barcelona. (Don't worry, not using it for Barcelona but to travel to a town up the coast!). Last summer we used Europcar in France and it was great, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or great experiences with any specific companies in Spain?

Posted by
811 posts

Hi Kira,

If you haven't seen it already, THIS post might be useful to you. It talks about car rental out of Granada, but many of these companies have rental offices in Barcelona, too.

We rented a car for a day out of the Sants train station in Barcelona, and I can't for the life of me remember who provided the rental (it was either Avis or National). It worked out just fine, but, as you can imagine, driving the car from the train station out of town was a bit hairy.

Good luck!

Posted by
78 posts

Thanks guys! Since I posted the question I did a little more research and it looks like the only rental companies at the Sants rail station are Europcar, Avis and National - so I'll do some comparisons. So far I'm pretty pleased with the quotes!

Posted by
4555 posts

I've had great success with the broker, carjet.co.uk in Spain. If the car supply seems limited at Sants station (after all, your trip is only a month away) then check to see what's available at Barcelona airport. They may have cheaper vehicles available, since the fleets available at airports are usually larger than those available at train stations. A bus trip to the airport could save you quite a few bucks.