Please sign in to post.
Posted by
646 posts

Thanks for posting the link. I subscribe to NYT and it is a fun read.

Posted by
6329 posts

Yay, Minnesota made the list! And rightly so - the Boundary Waters are wonderful! Thanks for the link, Going234!

Posted by
8449 posts

My home town, Kansas City (Missouri) is on the list. But the bland description of highlights is rather disappointing.

Posted by
2031 posts

I am a bit surprised that Craters of the Moon was listed, only because it seems so many people just don't know about it. We lived nearby and loved it!

Westmann Islands in Iceland is one of the places on the list that I completely agree with. It is fascinating as well as beautiful, and who can resist seeing puffins and orcas;)

Posted by
836 posts

similar article from Nov 2022 - The 25 Travel Experiences You Must Have

One July morning, a five-person jury — including the writers Pico Iyer and Aatish Taseer, the architect Toshiko Mori, the chef and food scientist David Zilber and the landscape photographer Victoria Sambunaris — gathered over Zoom to debate what, exactly, constitutes a “travel experience” and how some might rise above the rest. To get the conversation started, each panelist had nominated at least 10 selections in advance of the call; their job now was to slash that list from 55 to 25.

Posted by
14510 posts

A very interesting list, which reveals my travels as singularly modest and limited. I've only visited the following from the list:

Pasadena, CA, PARIS, Normandy (parts of it), Montgomery, AL, Dresden, Vienna.

Posted by
4522 posts

Interesting, I used to live in Brisbane, how did I miss that they are holding the Olympics?

The site in Peru was on the agenda for this July, but 4 days of backpacking with no toilets was thumbs down by spouse.

2 islands in the Caribbean is too many.

Saw Dresden in 2023. Going to see the eclipse in April. Been to Craters of the Moon twice!

Posted by
408 posts

I generally avoid areas within about 30 degrees north or south of the equator. Heat is not my preference. But there are some interesting spots outside that zone.