Please sign in to post.

Lucerne Hotels

I have researched hotels in Lucerne for a one-night stay and we are considering the following. Comments on these (or other recommendations for hotels under $250/night) would be appreciated! I have grouped them approximately from best to last based on reviews I've read.

1. Waldstätterhof Swiss Quality Hotel Lucerne
  2. Ameron Hotel Flora
  3. Hotel Bellevue (outside of city center but 10-15 min by bus)
  4. Hotel Balm Meggen (outside of city center but 10-15 min. by bus)
  5. Hotel De la Paix
  6. Hotel Seeburg (outside of city center but close by bus)
  7. Cascade Swiss Q
  8. Hotel des Alpes
  9. Hotel Zum Rebstock
  10. Zum Weissen Kreuz
  11. Pension Villa Marie (outside city center but close by bus
Posted by
668 posts

Stayed at the Hotel Des Alpes. Had a balcony room overlooking the river/lake and the Kappelbrucke. Ideal location. Large breakfast room qitha good selection of food - and a great restaurant downstairs. In 5 weeks travel and about 11 stops, it was the only place we ate in the same place every night - we wanted to try as many of the dishes as we could! Also had a great selection of Swiss wines.

Posted by
682 posts

We just stayed at Hotel Des Alpes a few weeks ago and we loved it. Be sure to ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the lake - spectacular view! The hotel is family run and it shows in their service. Location is an easy walk to the center of town. I totally recommend the hotel.

Posted by
162 posts

Here is another vote for Hotel Des Alpes. You really can't go wrong with the location and amazing view from your window -- if you ask for a river view room of course! The Irish pub next door is great too. Stay in the city near the beautiful chapel bridge -- it is all part of the experience. Expensive yes -- but worth it! Especially for only one night.

Posted by
231 posts

Iain, Nancy, and Janet - You convinced me! I just booked the Hotel des Alpes! I requested a balcony room, if available, as this trip is a belated celebration of our 40th anniversary. Hope there's still a balcony available.