Please sign in to post.

Timing

Due to the very unstable economic times in Europe, is this year a good time to go to Italy?

Lucien

Posted by
23557 posts

Any year is a good year to go. At the present level of the Euro relative to both the Canadian and US dollar, it would be a cheaper year to go. Who knows what next year will be? As far as I am concerned there is no reason not to go this year. What are your concerns since you asked the question?

Posted by
536 posts

Lou - Frank is absodamnlutely correct!! Just got back from a month in Europe - primarily Italy - and the euro is the best it's been relative to the dollar in quite some time. And, as Frank mentioned - It's always good to go to Italia.

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
12313 posts

I agree with Frank. Any year is a good year to go.

Here's my theory. Let's say you live to 100. You probably won't be able to travel during the last few years. Subtract your age and a few years from 100 to get the number of years available to you for travel. Now think about all the places you want to see while you can.

For me, the number of places I want to visit is a lot greater than the number of years I have available. When I consider that I probably can't count on making it to 100, it compresses the available time even more.

Bottom line, I'd rather travel with a bad exchange rate/economy/weather than lose a year waiting for more favorable conditions.

One of my favorite (I think Irish) sayings: Perfect is the enemy of good.

Posted by
3 posts

Good advice from all three of you. My wife and I will go I will go in Sept.

"Life is good"..........Lou