Please sign in to post.

travel time

how long do you suspect it will take to travel from London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, & Budapest if i only care to spend 1-2 days @ each destination. (with the eurostar and eurorail pass) and do I have it in the correct order if my starting point is London? Thanks!

Posted by
9110 posts

Figure at least half a day transit time between the first stops, most of a day getting to Budapest.

BOBBY!!!!!!!! You have posted this question all over the place. Go back and delete all but one, please!!!

Posted by
2776 posts

Travel time by train...you will have to consider the time that it will take you to get to and from the train stations added to the times below...

London - Paris....2 1/2 hrs

Paris - Amsterdam...3 1/2 hrs

Amsterdam - Berlin...7 hrs

Berlin - Budapest...12 hrs

Posted by
121 posts

I would recommend re-thinking spending 1 or 2 days at each destination. My recommendation is to cut back on the number of destinations and spend more time at 2 or 3 so you can enjoy the people, sights, food, and history of the locale. You can always plan on going back over time. As I've stated in several posts, my favorite place to spend time is Budapest. Initially, when I went 6 years ago for the first time, I planned on seeing everything in a couple of days. I've been back 4 times and even scheduled my last birthday at my favorite restaurant on the Pest side. I made up my mind years ago that my wife and I would go to Europe every other year. I've been able to keep that promise.