Please sign in to post.

theatre tickets in London

Has anyone spoken to the theatres about getting a refund or credit for tickets that we can't use do to inability to get to London? I know it is not common practice, but this is an unusual situation for all.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks, Steve.
I just bought the tickets hours before we heard about the volcano eruption. We are supposed to leave in 2 weeks for London/France. I did notice the insurance option, but didn't take it. Wonder if it is too late. I will call ticketmaster.

Posted by
286 posts

It is definitely worth speaking directly to the theatre. When we had the freak snow in February, the theatre offered on their website a discretionary rebooking option for those who couldn't get transport.

Depending on the show, if it is sold out sometimes they are able to give you a full refund and sell your tickets on the day.

Good luck! Hopefully all will be back to normal!

Posted by
15014 posts

I agree with Jenufa. You might as well ask.

This volcano situation is so unique, that it's changing lots of rules.

Remember: "If you don't ask, you don't get."

The worse they can do is say no. But they can't say yes unless you ask.

First, ask for a refund. If not, see is they'll exchange your tickets for a later date.

In the past, I've occasionally been able to get tickets to sold out shows on the day of performance. They were either returns or freed up house seats.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks, all. If and when our trip gets cancelled, I will call the theatre.