Please sign in to post.

Barcelona lodging

Any suggestions for reasonable room?

Posted by
182 posts

just got back from spain march 26, spent three days in barcelona. i stayed at Hosteria Grau. super location near the ramblas, very clean and tidy, staff is great. cool bar next door that is part of the hotel. very reasonable. good metro connectivity. the metro in barcelona and madrid is incredible. have fun, be safe.

Posted by
39 posts

Barcelona is the only place where I didn't use the suggestions from RS' 2010 book. I wanted to stay in an apartment and went to Friendly Rentals.com. They have a lot of variety, you might want to take a look.

Posted by
691 posts

I also suggest friendlyrentals.com, if you are sharing with others, you could get an apartment in a good location, for cheaper than a room in a hotel.

Posted by
14 posts

Jo:

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona. It's nothing special, but the location is super - right on La Rambla, next to a metro stop and a short walk to the bus station to catch the airport bus.

I wrote a review and posted a couple of photos at http://bit.ly/cftV5k

Hope this helps. BCN is a neat city. You'll have a great time. Be sure to try the pailla at Les Quinze Nits in Placa Reial.

Charlie

Posted by
463 posts

NOTE: I've not been there yet, but I'm going in August and did some somewhat exhaustive research--using multiple guide books as well as google maps (using 'street view' to see what the neighborhood looked like--i'm traveling alone) and tripadvisor (I like traveler opinions and actual traveler pics) and I narrowed it down to the following:(please note that a hostal is not a hostel)

Hostal Residencia Neutral--$57/night single room shared bath or $90/night single room en suite

Caledonian--$70/night on Expedia, single room en suite

Hotel Peninsular--$82/night single room en suite

Hotel Barcelona Princess--$84/night on Expedia, really really nice hotel away from city center but on beach.

I booked at the Caledonian based on a combination of location and privacy and price.

If you'd like more info on these, I took (insane, OCD-fuled) notes, and I'd be happy to send them to you. Best of luck to you--I'd love to hear how your trip goes! I'm super excited about Barcelona, as I'm sure you are, too.