Please sign in to post.

Sim Card

I have an unlocked Siemans phone that I will be taking to Eastern Europe. Traveling to, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Krakow. Can I purchase a universal sim card that will cover me for each country? I found a website called Roaming for Less. They claim a universal sim card for $9 plus $99 for calls. They said all calls are .59 a minute. I am not sure if this is a scam. The emails from the company are poorly written. Any advise?

Posted by
9363 posts

Try Mobal.com or Cellular Abroad for real international SIM cards. This one sounds shady to me, too.

Posted by
4555 posts

Try www.united-mobile.com. They've a starter pack at $40 US that includes $13 calling credit. You can recharge anywhere via the internet. The Sim card gives you a Jersey, UK phone number, and calls in and between all your countries, AND back to the U-S are only 29 cents Euro per minute. At that rate, you'll have 34 minutes of calls before you have to recharge. I've used it for the past three years, and find the service excellent.

Posted by
32198 posts

Nanci,

You could also have a look at www.cellularabroad.com as they offer "travel SIMS". I haven't looked at their rates in a while, so not sure if they're comparable to united mobile?

I'd be a bit wary about the other firm you were considering. The fact that the E-mails were poorly written would be a "red flag" for me!

I normally just use roaming with my home network when travelling in Europe. This can be expensive for voice calls, but I just use text most of the time as it's considerably cheaper.

Happy travels!