Please sign in to post.

New Years Eve

Hi All, was after any reccomendations on where to spend New Years Eve in Europe. I will be spending xmas in Germany so will be close to there come Jan 31.

I was thinking Rome or Venice but do anyone have any other suggestions. We are early 30's like a drink but not into the all night party/ clubbing scene.

Regards

Kevin

Posted by
658 posts

Anywhere in Scotland has to be the number one place to spend New Years Eve.

Prague is pretty good as well.

Amsterdam has a good party on the dam.

Posted by
2779 posts

Best party, fireworks, dancing in the streets for New Years is in Germany and Austria. Personally I think the most fun and romantic is Vienna (although Salzburg would do, too). Largest party of Europe with 2-3 million people dancing and having fun, live music on several stages is between Siegessäule and Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.

Posted by
19092 posts

If you want to spend New Years Eve in Europe, book now, if you can find anything. That is a very popular time in Europe.

A few years ago, we decided in JUNE to spend Christmas and New Years in Germany, and I found that most places were already booked at that time. As one pension owner in the Black Forest explained it to me, many older people in Germany are alone at the holidays, so they come to the resort areas to be alone with others. We spent New Years (Sylvester) in a small pension in the Allgäu region of Germany. The pension itself had been booked a year in advance, but the owner is a friend, and he arranged for me to stay at his sister's house.