Please sign in to post.

Luggage Storage in Madrid

My friend and I are planning to spend approximately two weeks traveling in Greece and Italy after studying in Granada for the semester. We do not want to lug around a semesters worth of stuff. We both would like to store one large suitcase each in Madrid (where we're flying out of to Italy and then back to for our return to the states). Is luggage storage at the Madrid airport our best option? And what are the chances that we can fit two large suitcases into one large locker? Any advice would be appreciated!

Posted by
23297 posts

Although I have passed through Madrid a few times, I have not experience with long term storage there. But want to make one comment about locker storage. Generally locker storage, if available, is limited to 24 hours. Something about leaving bombs behind. You will need to find a "Left Luggage" site. Goggle Madrid airport and see if that will give you the information you need.

Posted by
4555 posts

Yes, there are manned left luggage facilities in Terminals 1, 2, and 4 (the new one, used by Iberia). They are lockers in a secure room...you pass your bag through the X-ray machine, then put it in the locker.Beware, though...it's expensive. It's 5 Euro/day for a large locker...that's 60 Euro ($85)for 15 days. After 15 days, they ship it off to a storage warehouse, charge you 2 euro/day after the 15....and 38 Euro to send it off to the warehouse itself! And God knows how long it would take to retrieve it from the warehous.