Please sign in to post.

Budgeting

I'm putting together a budget for our first trip to Europe and trying to include all expenses we should anticipate. We are going for 1 month on a whirlwind semi-backpacking itinerary to Barcelona, Paris, London (one day), Munich, Venice, Florence, Rome, Athens, Nafplio. So, for those who have been across the pond - what am I missing and should anticipate?

I've got down airfare (to and from europe and within), transportation (train, bus, metro), transport fares for to and from airports to our hotels, food, hotels, credit card purchase fees, atm withdrawal fees, transportation cards for most cities, museum passes for some cities, non-museum site entrance fees, trip insurance, airline baggage fees, preparation supplies, shopping, and a cushion for those inevitable miscellaneous items we'll need after a couple weeks (toiletries, medicine, sink laundry detergent, leather shoes in greece, etc).

Posted by
1717 posts

Travel insurance, including health care insurance (if the health care insurance that you have does not cover you at medical centers and clinics in Europe).

Posted by
676 posts

Wow Jessica! I'm impressed! I thought I was organized but you really beat me out, you'll have a great time I'm sure!

Posted by
3551 posts

Nicely done hopefully you are going outside of summer season. If not you may want to reserve space in some B&B's, hotels or hostel espec for arrival nights on your itin. Have fun!

Posted by
144 posts

Sounds like you have done a good job. I would always put back extra, because I don't care what you do, something always seems to come up to break your budget.