Please sign in to post.

Tours

I've been reading Rick's book,Italy 2007, and was interested in knowing if anyone has ever taken any of the Rome tours Rick suggest.I've looked at the websites of Enjoy Rome, Roman Odyssey and Through Eternity. I like the sounds of Through Eternity,but would love any thoughts and feedback. Thanks.

Posted by
10344 posts

I went to the Through Eternity website, looks professional. I have not used a tour company in Rome but I agree with Rick's advice that, if you don't mind spending the extra money, it could be a good value in a place like Rome which due to its size and complexity could overwhelm you if you are on your own. The fact that Rick recommends them is encouraging, I guess the best advice is his advice to go to the various websites and try to compare and pick one. Hopefully you will get a comment from people that have actually used these companies.

Posted by
3 posts

I was in Rome in summer of 2004 and we completely used Rick's book as a guide and it was an incredible experience. We also met some folks in the city along the way that were on his actual tour and they highly recommended it. I say go for it! You can't go wrong with Rick anywhere! Ciao!

Posted by
277 posts

I have a different opinion. Which, I guess, makes the world go round. I have been to Europe and other locations many times. I have never utilized a structured tour. I purchase a few guide books and determine after some homework the sights and destinations of interest. I perfer not to lead around like a tourist. I prefer to be a traveler. Why have someone tell me where, with whom, and what time to see any or all sights? I rather meet with the locals, ask questions and to really get to know "the land"