Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Vienna?

Pension Suzanna is the most recommended place, but it's booked full for the 4 nights we'll be in Vienna in October. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Posted by
852 posts

Kathy, these are two pensions we have booked, the first one listed booked more than once. We enjoyed both places. (1) Pension Nossek

(2) Pension Pertchy.
Hope you have a wonderful trip! P.

Posted by
81 posts

I have stayed twice at Pension Hargita, about a ten minute walk from Westbahnhof station--entrance off of busy Mariahilferstrasse but good soundproofing. Family place, not too spendy. Excellent 5 euro European breakfast available. Metro stop steps away.

Posted by
10344 posts

Kathy: in which district do you want to be?

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks so much to everyone for your suggestions. We were able to book a pension for the dates we need. Thanks again!

Posted by
71 posts

I just returned from Vienna last wwek. Stayed 3 nights at the Ibis near the Westbahnhof Metro and bus station (five minutes away). It was very convenient. Sometimes I went back to hotel just for a break. Desk clerks are very knowledgeable about the city and public transportation. DON'T do the breakfast buffet!

Vienna is fabulous!! Enjoy!!

Posted by
6 posts

THE HAPPY HOSTEL AND REQUEST A SUITE>>>IT WAS HUGE, CLEAN< LOTS OF FUN AND BIGGER THAN MY NYC APARTMENT!

Posted by
6 posts

The Ruthensteiner has my vote too. Excellent staff and a great place to meet people. Right off of Mariahilferstrasse....major shopping street! And a five minute walk to the train station.