Please sign in to post.

London in March

We have a layover in London for 3 days; where should we stay and what should we do ? Budget : $120.00 - $160.00 hotel per night. We will be looking to see any and major attractions.

Posted by
354 posts

You can begin your own research by reading the wealth of information on this very website. Click "Best Destinations" at the top your screen, then click "Great Britain". Rick Steves has posted sixteen articles on London. In addition, the Frommers, Fodors, Lonely Planet, and Slow Travel websites have similar sections for London. And you still have time to look through guidebooks, available at public libraries, bookstores, or online. Compare the list of possible attractions to your list of personal interests, and you should easily be able to fill up three days.

Posted by
3428 posts

Start with the hop on/hop off bus. This will orient you. Ride all the way first time. Then later, back on and off where you wish. The Tower is on my must see list. Plan to walk around alot- we love just strolling and people watching. Covent Garden Market is great. Kew Gardens are very nice. You could do a day or half-day trip to Windsor- great little town and the castle is one of my favs. I'd plan on at least one play or musical. Or check to see if there are any concerts you'd enjoy (classical, religious, rock, etc.). Greenwich is a nice area to visit- esp. if there on a Sunday (great market). The War Rooms are enjoyed by many. .... It goes on and on. Get Rick's book or another similar and begin doing some reading.

We like to stay in the Victoria area. We splurge a bit and stay at the Victoria Thistle/Grosovenor. But there are lots of hotels in your range -check Rick's book and previous postings on this board and tripadvisor.