Please sign in to post.

Spain in March

I am thinking of traveling to Spain in March of 2010. Does anybody know what Spain is like in March?

Posted by
9110 posts

What part of Spain? Big difference twixt Vizcaya and Andalucia?

Posted by
14 posts

Can't answer your question but if anyone else has been to Mad or Barcelona late March, I am also curious on the weather that time of year...

walt

Posted by
811 posts

I was in Barcelona and Madrid the last two weeks of this past March and it was quite comfortable. If I recall correctly, it was mid-60s to 70 during the day in Barcelona and just a little bit chillier in Madrid (and warmer in Andalucia). It did cool off quite a bit overnight, though.

BUT, the best way to get a sense of weather patterns is to go the Weather Underground Trip Planner and plug in your destination and dates (this is the same link found in the Helpline FAQ Section). It averages out the past 12 years and will give you a good idea of what to expect (barring climate anomaly).

Have fun!

Posted by
951 posts

I went 5 years ago end of Feb/beginning of March. Sunny skies for 16 of 17 days. But freeeeeeeezzzzzzzinnnnnnggggggg. Spain that year was experiencing record breaking cold spells. I should have brought a winter coat, but I didn't. I stayed in youth hostels, most of which did not have proper heating. I slept in my jeans and coat at times. At one point, I counted that I was wearing 7 layers of shirts. But it did not stop me from having a superior time. I am still perplexed as to why I did not buy a heavier coat, but I am sure I would have rather spent my money on red wine or sangria than by a coat that I would not need when I got home (live in Florida).

Posted by
951 posts

By the way, I traveled to Barcelona, Figueres, Valancia, Granada, Seville, Cordoba, and Madrid. Barcelona and Sevilla were by far the warmest. Granada was the coldest.

Posted by
9110 posts

Have no idea when Holy Week is in 2010, but it can get really hectic (unbearable?) in southern Spain.

Posted by
3250 posts

We traveled in northern Spain in March (Santiago, Bilbao, San Sebastian, and Madrid)--it was chilly and sometimes rainy but not unpleasant. Much less crowded!