Please sign in to post.

Easter Sunday in Paris

Will most of the museums and other tourist attractions be closed on Easter Sunday?

Posted by
693 posts

They may open but consider the crowds....this is a really long holiday weekend (starting with Good Friday and ending with Easter Monday) - there will be many tourists and tour buses from European countries.

Posted by
3580 posts

I was wondering if the "free on the first Sunday of the month" deal will be on. Easter falls on the first Sunday in April in 2010. I've been in Paris for these first Sundays, and the museums do tend to be crowded. My scheme is to go at opening time (the Cluny)or wait until late in the day to avoid the crush (D'Orsay).

Posted by
5678 posts

I spent Easter in Paris back the 70's and went to Versaille on Easter Sunday! It was packed. ; ) I also saw a very nice service at the American Cathedral. (I was feeling homesick having been in Europe since January.) And had a lovely Easter Dinner with my pen pal from high school. The city was packed and I was very lucky to even get into the youth hostel. Pam

Posted by
875 posts

I was told by a Paris resident that Good Friday in France is just considered an ordinary workday and that the Monday after Easter Sunday is usually treated as a holiday.

Posted by
3580 posts

I've been in Paris Easter week a few times. The week leading up to Easter is really packed with tourists. I think school is out and everybody wants to visit Notre Dame. I saw people lined up outside ND, maybe a couple hundred deep. Other sites were also crowded. I attended Easter services at the American Church in Paris. It was packed and overflowing. The week following Easter is much calmer.