Please sign in to post.

CDG to Paris

My family and I are in Paris for 7 days during a 3 week trip to Europe. We bought a 3 zone metro pass, but realized that it doesn't cover as far out as CDG airport. Does anyone know how much it costs to travel into Paris? We are staying near Cadet and Poissoniere metro stations. Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

The fare from anywhere in central Paris to CDG is €8.50. The fare from zone 3 to CDG is €6.90. Your pass will cover your ride from Cadet or Poissoniere into zone 3 so you should be able to go the rest of the way for €6.90.

Posted by
18 posts

Evelyn

How long did it take for each trip, the cab and the train

Posted by
18 posts

Just another question. I looked at the CDG airport terminal website that Evelyn provided, and noticed it talked a lot about needing a chip credit card to buy tickets in the machines. Does anyone know if that is the only way to purchase the tickets to Paris, by credit card only. If so, can we purchase tickets using our credit cards at a ticket office. We also have an HSBC bank account, and using the bank machine in the airport will be helpful, does anyone know also, if it must have a chip in it to be able to use the card. Thank you!

Posted by
1265 posts

Kim - There are change machines that will provide change for a 10 & 20 euro notes near the RER ticket machines. The RER ticket machines accept chipped cards and euro coins.

Posted by
8700 posts

It will take 30 minutes on an express train and 34 minutes on a train that makes more stops to get from CDG to Gare du Nord on the RER B. If Cadet is closer to your hotel than Poisonniere, then you could take either Metro line 4 or 5 to Gare de l'Est and Metro line 7 from there to Cadet.

If your hotel is closer to Poisonniere, it will be faster to walk there from Gare du Nord than to take the Metro; but if you don't want to walk, you would follow the same route as above. From Gare de l'Est line 7 trains stop first at Poissoniere and then at Cadet.