Please sign in to post.

Christmas in Copenhagen

Hello! I'm going to be in Copenhagen Dec. 12-21 for the second week of the big UN Climate Conference, with a few days tacked on at the end for wandering the city on my own and maybe getting over to Malmo, Sweden. I think there will be a little time for sightseeing during the conference (I'm not presenting, just attending) but I really wanted to be sure to actually see something of the town, so I'm taking the few extra days to do it. I would love to get anyone's recommendations for maybe some "off the beaten track" sights, cool restaurants, shopping tips, and of course holiday things to do, as I hear Copenhagen really does Christmas proudly! I have Rick's Scandinavia guidebook and a couple other Copenhagen guidebooks, so I have a good grasp of major sights. But I will have to do some holiday shopping (everyone is asking for gifts from Denmark!), so any ideas? (Kind of on a student-ish budget...so no Georg Jensen for me, but I can look!) Worth it to blast across the bridge to Malmo? Any great restaurant tips (any especially Christmas-y)? I'm also a photographer (photos are always my best souvenirs) so photo ideas are always gratefully received. Thank you!!! Mary

There are no replies to this topic.