Please sign in to post.

Paris apartment

In Paris for a week in March. Want to rent an apartment - should we stay in the 6th or 7th district ? We have rented thru VRBO over the years and had great success. Any specific spot in these districts ?

Posted by
1266 posts

James - That's hard to say. I'm not sure of your budget. We used vacationinparis.com last summer, and stayed in #56. It meet our budgetary needs quite well. They have apartments in all arrondissements.

Posted by
875 posts

We much prefer the 6th -- tried the 7th on our 1st visit and seemed to be close to all the embassies, but not close to many cafes, bistros, sights, etc that we were interested in.
We stay on rue St. Andre des Arts in the 6th -- vacationinparis.com and iloveparisapartments.com both have apts ont this street. It's around the corner from the St. Michel fountain/plaza on the Left Bank. Great access to many good cafes/restaurants plus Notre Dame, Ste. Chapelle, Louvre, etc.

Posted by
2758 posts

James, I was in Paris in September and stayed in the 6th. I thought it was a fantastic location. It is really central to many of the sites. We walked everywhere, including the Eiffel Tower, which was about 2 miles. Most places were under a mile.

I have never stayed in teh 7th, so can't compare.

Posted by
10548 posts

Why only those two areas? I stayed in the 7th my first trip (Rick's Rue Cler hype convinced me), but my 2nd trip we rented an apartment in the 5th. It was a great area convenient to many things. I felt that the 7th was only convenient to the Eiffel Tower. I rented my apartment through VRBO. It is a one bedroom. If you would like further information let me know.