Please sign in to post.

4-day side-trip from Iceland: Geneva or Helsinki/Talinn

Hello! I posted on here a few weeks ago about deciding on a side-trip to take from Iceland next month (only my trip will now be 4 days instead of 5). After a lot of research and comparing flights/lodging, I have narrowed it down to two cities: Geneva and Helsinki/Talinn (would spend one night in Talinn after taking the ferry there). For reference, I am a late-20s female traveling solo. Here are the pros and cons I've listed for each destination:

Geneva Pros:
-GORGEOUS scenery and hiking trails nearby
-I have a friend in Geneva that I haven't seen in 5 years, so it would be really nice to see them.
-Really good food

Geneva Cons:
-Potentially a lot of tourists/very crowded (though those of you that have been to Geneva in the summer, you can tell me what it is like).
-A little skeptical of doing hikes alone since my friend may not be able to join me during the day due to work.
-Day-to-day activities (food, excursions, etc.) a little more expensive.

Helsinki/Talinn Pros:
-Less common of a tourist destination. I like to explore places a little off the beaten path.
-I've been to all of the Scandinavian countries except Finland, so if I go there I will finally be able to say that I've been to all of the Scandinavian countries.
-I'm personally intrigued by how different I've heard Finland is from the other Scandinavian countries and am interested in exploring the city/nearby sights. I'm also very interested in seeing Talinn.
-Day-to-day activities (food, excursions, etc.) a little cheaper.

Helsinki/Talinn Cons:
-Not the same type of hiking/scenery that is in Geneva
-Wouldn't be able to see my friend in Geneva.

Would love to hear some thoughts/opinions! Thanks!

There are no replies to this topic.