Please sign in to post.

Orbitz

Has anyone used Orbitz to book their travels?
I found a good flight/hotel deal for London and was wondering if it is safe to book through.

Posted by
23457 posts

We have used Orbitz for many years with no problems. Just like Travelocity or some of the others.

Posted by
582 posts

For the trip I just got back from to London and Paris, I booked my flight from Orbitz. I think they are great!

Posted by
23457 posts

Steve is just being a little harsh since he works for Am Express travel and would prefer that you book through them.

Posted by
15614 posts

Now that you know what Orbitz is offering, go to that airline's webpage and see what kind of package deal they offer.

It's very rare on this board to see people talk about air/hotel packages mostly because Rick doesn't mention them.

However, in slow times, they can be amazing. I was once able to get a package deal to London that included a hotel at 75% off regular rate, and my non-changeable, non-cancelable airfare suddenly became changeable at no extra cost.

Posted by
590 posts

Thanks for the help. The flight deal is United Airlines there and Air Canada back. I normally would love to just fly Air Canada, but I go where the deals are! The hotel deal is really good and I am having a hard time finding something that can match the price. I normally like dealing with the hotel/airline myself instead of through a middleman, but the price tag always wins!