Please sign in to post.

New Year's in Paris

I'm having trouble finding a place to have dinner in Paris New Year's Eve. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted by
251 posts

What kind of place do you want to eat? Each year that I have been there, we have sort of just wandered until we found what we wanted. Granted we aren't going to the well known up-scale restaurants, we much prefer the local little "bistrots".

Is this your first year celebrating the first in Paris. Just for your info(in case you don't already know)Don't hang out at the eifle tower. When I lived there every year I would meet people/tourists that flocked to the eiffle tower for the countdown. Everybody in Paris goes to the Champs Elys to celebrate. Unless things have changed in the last few years.

Posted by
80 posts

Thank you so much for your post. I'm not looking for anything fancy as I also prefer the local bistros and cafes. I guess after several people have told me that a lot of places close New Year's Eve I was starting to get worried. Where do you recommend to go or to sit and watch the Eiffel Tower since it's too crazy to go near it? I have visited Paris several times, but never for New Year's Eve and this trip in particular is extra special since it will be my husband's first time ever going to France.

Posted by
57 posts

Kate,

I don't know about New Year's Eve but would guess that it would be the same as any other night to see the Tower. Go to Trocodero and sit on the steps. You get a great view of the Eiffle Tower and there are always lots of people doing the same thing.