Please sign in to post.

Advice on itinerary.

I have a rather crazy itinerary and am seeking some advice. I am flying into Dusseldorf from Cincinnati and will arrive on 9/13/09. I do not have to be anywhere until Sept 18th when I check into my hotel room in Munich. I am thinking about spending the day in Dusseldorf and Koln and taking the night train that day to Dresden spending some of the day there and then to Prague. Does that sound like a good idea?

Posted by
71 posts

Debby-
If it were me, I'd arrive in the Munich area early and spend some time in the Salzburg and Fussen areas, or perhaps Rothenburg. Actually, I've never spent much time in Koln, Dusseldorf or Dresden, but from my impression they have less to offer than Bavaria. But we all have differnet tastes. I'd suggest doing some research to compare.
Enjoy!
Duane

Posted by
32324 posts

Debby,

You might want to check your local Library or book stores to see if they have a copy of the Germany Guidebook. Have a look to see which sights interest you the most, and use that as a guideline to plan which cities to visit.

I have to agree with the previous post in that you might want to head south and explore Rothenburg, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Hallstatt, Fussen or other areas in the south.

Happy travels!

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks so much for your replies. I have done extensive research and agree that the northern part of Germany doesn't look very interesting, but Prague looks unreal and increadable. Also my concern is I don't want to spend all day on a train when I could do so at night. I arrive in Dusseldorf on a Sunday at 7 AM, I guess I could wander to Prague that day and stop at some cities then and end up near Munich, but I thought that I could do some day trips from there???

Posted by
9369 posts

"thought that I could do some day trips from there???"

From where, Munich?

Posted by
38 posts

Hi Bebby,

I personally love Dusseldorf and Dresden. They are both beautiful cities full of history and culture. I will be going to Koln for the first time in 3 weeks, but I hear it is beautiful. I always like to view other peoples vacation video on youtube to get a feel for the area that I am travelling to.

Cheers!

Posted by
4 posts

Nancy
Yes I was thinking of doing a day trip from Munich, maybe to Salzburg.
I too enjoy viewing videos on youtube of other peoples trips and Prague blows my mind.