Please sign in to post.

Storage ??

Traveling in Italy for 6 weeks, then on to England for several months. Any place for short term storage?
Any suggestions as to how to handle this?

Posted by
9363 posts

What do you need storage for, and where do you need it - Italy or England?

Posted by
2 posts

Well the problem is that I'm bringing summer clothes for traveling around Italy in August and September; but I also have with me winter clothes for the winter months in the UK. Was hoping to avoid lugging those winter items through Italy with me while I travel. I'm not sure if I should try to leave the winter items somewhere in storage and pick them up again at the end of my travels, or try to mail them to the UK once I get to Italy. (I might not have a place to mail them to, however, that's my problem. My housing starts in Oxford in September but not before.)

Thanks for any help you have!

Posted by
1152 posts

Storing them for that length of time at a train or airport "left luggage" spot would be very pricey. I would not recommend that. In some respects, it might be cheaper to just buy replacement winter clothes once you were settled.

Posted by
12172 posts

Here are some thoughts:

A friend or relatives home.

Temporary storage at an airport your route will take you back through (possibly Heathrow or Gatwick).

Lockers at a train station (although I'm not sure how long you can leave things there).

Mail things to your England destination to have them waiting for you there. Contact Oxford to see what services are available or what they recommend, your problem can't be that unique.

I don't know enough about your itinerary to give you better advice.

Alternatively, you can pack clothes to layer that are suitable for warmer or cooler weather although you are likely to get a very wide range of temperatures.

Posted by
24 posts

Hi Sandi!
Could you leave your winter things in the States and have family or friends ship them to Oxford in Sept.?
Happy travels!
Lisa

Posted by
3428 posts

Could you box up your fall items and have it ready to mail/ship then have a friend or relative ship it about 3 weeks prior to your planned arrival in England? Do you have an address that it could be shipped to- maybe the school or your employer could accept the package?