Please sign in to post.

Prague

I'd like to plan a 3-4 day trip to Prague so I'm looking for those who have made to trip who might know the best deals on a)getting there and b)where to stay. We thought about driving and I've been looking at hotel-apts.

Thanks

Posted by
582 posts

I stayed in The Crystal Palace. Don't let the name fool you. I paid only 54 Euro. But that was in the fall. If you are going in the fall, dress warmly!
This hotel is downtown. Great location!

Posted by
1357 posts

It's very easy to get to Prague by train. I wouldn't suggest taking a car into Prague.

Posted by
156 posts

We are making a four day trip to Prague in September and are staying at Kafkas Castle for 48 euro a night double with private facilities and self catering. Have heard horror stories about taking a car in Prague and apparently some rental agencies will not allow it. We are taking the train from berlin for 58 euro for two and you can find the special on deutschebahn.com if you book within 90 days of travelling. Hope this helps.

Posted by
180 posts

I agree with other comments about NOT driving to Prague and taking the train instead. I'll add that it is much cheaper to purchase your return ticket while in Prague instead of purchasing it in Germany. We did that on a trip from Prague to Salzburg and the savings was considerable.

My wife and I stayed at one of the pensions recommended in Rick's guidebook, the Green Garland. The price was decent for the location and the rooms were clean and comfy. The staff was also super kind to us and breakfast was great.

Pete