Please sign in to post.

itinerary question

This is my 4th trip to Europe in the past 7 years. Our plan is to spend a few days in London, then visit Paris and hit the museums we missed on our last holiday. Although we love southern France we would like to spend some time exploring somewhere new, and have narrowed the options to Belgium and Luxembourg or Switzerland. We travel light luggage wise, and will not be carrying hiking boots or the like as we tend to "dress continental" when in London and Paris. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Posted by
3250 posts

Hi Gail,
Any one of the destinations that you mentioned would be great--I'd look at the total amount of time you have available and then look at distances between Paris and each to help you decide.

Posted by
2 posts

We are now thinking southern France, Belgium or Amsterdam. I have been to s.France as well as Amsterdam and could easily be a repeat visitor. Does anyone out there have a preference re. these venues?

Posted by
12172 posts

I would probably do Belgium and some of Netherlands other than Amsterdam. The area has it own flavor. Amsterdam, like most cities, isn't the best place to experience that flavor.

You might consider Brugges, Delft, Ghent, Haarlem or a lot of other relatively small places.

Posted by
12040 posts

If time is tight, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit Luxembourg City. It's pleasent and scenic enough, but other than the old ramparts and the unique geography of the city, there isn't a whole lot unique to see.

Posted by
421 posts

We went to southern France a few years ago and I FELL In love with it. Specificly Nice, Eze, Arles, Avignon, Montpellier....