Please sign in to post.

CDG to Disneyland to Orly?

We're arriving at CDG in a.m (NW Airlines) then going to Disneyland for rest of the day and finding a hotel near there. We're heading to the Loire Valley the next day. We're doing a car lease which we were going to pick up at CDG, but now I'm wondering if it would be better to take a train to Disneyland, shuttle to a nearby hotel, then take train next morning to Orly and pick up car there (the only pick up place "on the way" to Loire Valley)?? Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help.

Posted by
1455 posts

I hope that I'm not too late to ask... but from CDG theres a direct train to Disney. The train will drop you off at the Disney Village which you can pick up the shuttle to the partner hotels.

SO the next morning you're going to go to Orly to get a car?? Isn't it possible to get the car at Disney property?? To go to Orly.. that is sort of out of the way, no??

Or, you're better off getting the car at CDG and trekking it to Disney. No doublebacking the next day. Trust me, you'll not only be tired, but a bit disoriented the next day.

Posted by
45 posts

Sorry, now some info has changed! The only pick up points in the vicinity for this car leasing place are CDG and Orly. Now we decided we would like to try and go into Paris the next day and maybe do something like Notre Dame in the morning, then head out to the Loire Valley. I didn't really want to go into Paris with the car just to do some quick sights. I'm wondering now about following your info on taking the train to Disneyland, staying at a hotel there, taking the train into Paris the next day. Then - I'm sure there's a lot of ways to get to Orly from the Notre Dame area of Paris, and we could pick up the car there and head on south. Your thoughts?? Thanks for your help.

Posted by
12040 posts

Here's a link to the RER map of Paris:

http://www.aparisguide.com/maps/rer.htm

As you can see, reaching Orly from central Paris is easy.

For planning purposes, though, I would ask this- are you arriving at CDG from the US? Have you factored in the effects of jetlag on your first two days? You may find Disneyland a little too much to handle on the first day after a flight.

Posted by
1455 posts

Tom, I disagree. My first time at Paris, we went directly to Disney. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on property (very nice!!) and were able to unwind that way. We did go into the park, purchased some souvenirs, and just compared it to Disneyland Anaheim/ Disney World. The next day we went back into the park and finished what we didn't get to do on day 1. No rush, just relaxed.

Unless its Linda's first time to any Disney park, the layout is quite similar to Magic Kingdom or Disneyland.

Posted by
8700 posts

Linda,

See my post on the thread you started on this topic under the "Transportation" heading.

Posted by
57 posts

Just thinking out loud here. Arrive CDG, pick up car, drive to Disney (about 45 minutes non rush hour) and park at your hotel. The hotels around Disney have lots of parking and it's pretty safe.

Do Disney as much as you like. Take the train into Paris and do whatever you want there. When you're ready drive on.

You mentioned you're doing a car lease, I presume from Renault or Peugeot, yes? Three weeks or more, yes? An extra day or two of the car sitting in the parking lot isn't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things.

If you wanted to spend a night or two in Paris, you can even leave your car at Disney and just take the train back there to pick it up.

Like I said, just thinking out loud.
Maggie

Posted by
1455 posts

Great thought Maggie!!

Oh Linda, if you don't have a Disney package and need tickets, get it online. You save 10% by doing that. Remember to print the ticket and bring it with you.

When you get to DLRP, there's a special queue that says "prepaid tickets" or something like that. You go thru that line instead of the normal ticket line.

Posted by
45 posts

Thank you all for your info - I have been out of town for a few days.
Tom - Thanks for the link, yes we did figure in the jetlag and we're not planning on anything too strenuous that day - we've been to Disneyland in the US. We are arriving from Seattle to CDG.
Tim - I did see your post and got that info, thanks for that.
Maggie - I had thought about leaving the car at Disneyland & going into Paris by train, but then we're going from Paris down to Amboise and I wasn't sure about the backtracking to Disneyland to get the car? That's why I was thinking of not picking the car up at CDG, but rather Orly. Those two are the only places we can pick it up for what we need for our itinerary. We're doing the Renault lease for 19 days - getting ready to book it.
Michelle - thanks for the Holiday Inn and online ticket info!
Any other thoughts/comments are always appreciated.