Please sign in to post.

$3000 for two people for 9 days?

Hello all,

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon later on this week. We have already paid for train tickets,hotels, and our flight. We are staying in London for a day, Paris for two days, Venice for two days, Florence for a day, and Rome for 3 days. Is $3000 between the two of us sufficent to cover the 9 days? I've read the prior posts and seen Rick's recommendation of $185 per day, but I know that includes paying for your hotel, which we have already done. Thanks for your help in advance.

Jonathan

Posted by
1589 posts

Rather a race across parts of Europe, but you should have plenty of funds to spare. Have a great trip!

Posted by
524 posts

I agree - you budget looks appropriate.

Posted by
1449 posts

The money should be more than enough. Overall it sounds like an exhausting pace to me, but bon voyage!

Posted by
2367 posts

Wow/I agree that unless you are planning 5 star meals three times a day/this is more than enough money/not to save money but for a great experience/buy a bottle of wine/cheese/bread and do picnic in Paris as you people watch/my son and his wife did that on their honeymoon in Paris and loved it.

Posted by
345 posts

I agree with the others on both points - plenty of money but way too ambitious trip for 9 days!

Posted by
441 posts

I agree with all the others on both things, the money is more than enough and the trip is too fast. It WILL give you a taste of Europe and you can plan a longer, slower trip later.

Posted by
780 posts

London for a day? You might as well not bother going!

Posted by
11507 posts

Lots of money,, but not lots of time.

Posted by
211 posts

I would not say Rick proclaims himself to be budget travel, more of a lower/middle of the road guide. As far as guide books go, Rough Guides and Let's Go are more in line with "budget" travel.

Posted by
671 posts

Jonathan, that's enough, and yes, it is a sprint, but hey, if that's what they want to do, they can come back and do it a different way, later, if they see a city they'd like to concentrate on more.

Editing to change to Jonathan- oops!

Posted by
121 posts

Jonathan,
Sounds like a great trip. I just returned from a quick paced 2 week trip to many of the places you are going and a few more.

Your $3000 is plenty of money, I wouldn't even worry about it, unless you plan on buying a lot of souveniers and eating at fine dining restaurants every meal.

Have a fabulous honeymoon!

Posted by
3551 posts

You will be very comfortable and most likely bring money back home. Have fun.