Please sign in to post.

Switzerland

I am travelling from Paris to Zermatt staying i night then going on the Glazier train to St Moritz staying 1 night then travelling on to Milan onto Venice for a few nights and then on to Rome for 4 nights.All this by train What can we expect I will be there in May

Posted by
12 posts

My question was what can I expect what can I see in these places I have no idea I have never been there in general what can I expect from these places are these these good places to visit.

Posted by
11507 posts

Well, not to be too rude, but why did you pick those places is you have no idea what they are like? did you have specific ideas of what you want to do?

Zermatt is in the mountains, it is beautiful , it will likely be cool at night still. Bring a lightweight but warm jacket. Bring good shoes if you want to walk about a bit. In Zermatt there will still be snow on highter hiking trails. Town itself will not be snowy at all.

The scenery in Switzerland will be wonderful, snow capped mountains etc.I think you will really be amazed.

Rome will be lovely , not too hot yet, and not cold at all, just perfect really. Good shoes needed for walking on cobblestones etc.

I think you should post seperately for Venice and Paris. Paris is a huge city with much to see, you really should read abit about it to get an idea how to best spend your time.

Have a wonderful time , and try and ask more specific questions, many like to help, but with such broad questions it can be discouraging,, it seems like a big task to tell someone everything about serveral places at once..

Posted by
12 posts

thanks for yor answer my travel agent suggested it and not knowing anything about Europe I thought I would be game and try it.
thanks again for your answer

Posted by
8293 posts

Kerry, you are very game indeed. Now you should do a little reading, either on the web or in a library, about the places your travel agent has planned for you. Knowing a bit about where you will visit will excite you and add to the pleasure of your trip. May is a wonderful time to be taking this vacation.

Posted by
10344 posts

We're volunteers here and it's not possible for us to write a travel log on each destination you mention. To answer the questions you've asked requires a considerable amount of research, some travelers make the research an enjoyable part of their trip preparation.After you do that, come back here with specific questions and we'll try to help. Best wishes on this.