Please sign in to post.

London Hotels

I'm flying to Paris via London. I'll arrive at London Heathrow at 10 PM which is too late to take the chunnel to Paris. Can anyone recommend a hotel which is convenient where I might stay upon arriving. I'll be taking a mid-morning train to Paris.
Thanks,Nelson

Posted by
6898 posts

Arriving that late, I would suggest checking out the Yotel inside terminal 4 at Heathrow. It's new and set up for very short stays. You can stay for a minimum 4 hours or whatever. Get some sleep and then off you go for the train to Paris. www.yotel.com

Posted by
5530 posts

I'd suggest a different option. I often arrive in the evening and usually can hardly wait to get out of the airport. Plus, since it is only 5pm Eastern Time, I am wide awake. I would suggest that you book a hotel in the Kings Cross / St Pancras area. You can take the tube to from Heathrow to Kings Cross in about 45 minutes. There are no changes. The tube typically run until at least midnight from Heathrow. You can then get up in the morning and just walk to St Pancras.

I personally have not stayed at any hotels in this area, but other people on this board have. You could also check on tripadvisor.com.

Posted by
47 posts

Thank you! I'll look at hotels in that area. I know I'll be awake at the time of arrival.

Posted by
780 posts

www.easyhotel.com Heathrow location.
25 -30 pounds per night ($40), much cheaper than the Yotel and easyhotels are notoriously clean and offer a bed and en suite bathroom with shower.

Posted by
54 posts

There is a London "Premier Inn/Kings Cross St. Pancras" close to the terminal where the Eurostar/Chunnel departs. I stayed at the London Premier Inn/County Hall and found it to be a nice,clean hotel at a reasonable price.