Please sign in to post.

Egypt

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, etc about Egypt? We are planning to visit for about a week, in April, (with 3 kids ages 9-14). We are planning to use a tour guide for the trip but can choose our own itinerary. Also, any suggestions for budget flying into Cairo? We will be flying out of Frankfurt, but we are willing to loop around and fly out of somewhere else in Europe if it is cheaper. Thank you!

Stefanie

Posted by
441 posts

Check Bootsnall.com. It's a backpacking forum but it has a lot of folks who've been to Egypt and an Egypt forum. They might be able to answer your questions. Good luck!

Posted by
9100 posts

These discount airlines serve Cairo:
http://tinyurl.com/csobst

You are smart to hire a guide. I like to travel independently, but for Egypt it's very difficult to do it on your own. The best tip I can give you about travel in Egypt is carry toilet paper with you at all times:)

Posted by
331 posts

Yes, definately carry toilet paper , wet wipes and hand sanitizer. I spent time in Egypt years ago, and would highly reccommend a Felucca (egyptian sailboat) ride down the Nile. The temples at Karnak were amazing (do the sound and light show if they still have it) and Abu Simbel was worth the short plane ride.
Remember to wear a money belt .