Please sign in to post.

France and Italy

I'am attending a religious fucntion from July 29 to August 2 in Pais. A taveling company has several tour options I can choose from It is madatory to choose to from what this company has to offer. The basic package is 2500 which includes air fare per person for 7 days. I woud like to stay longer but I want to choose where I want to go. My quetsion is would it be cheaper to take the basic package and stay there longer and get a flight back on my own or get the basic package land only and get my own flight. I want to stay about 3 weeks from july 27-August 13. Is July and August high rates for rooming?

Posted by
23276 posts

You answer becomes a math. Just add up both sides and see which looks best. The $2500 appears to be reasonable. Airfares in July from TX would probably be in the $1200 range so you are allowing $185/night for lodging which is a bit high but you didn't indicate if other things are included such as meals or transfers. What is the price of the basic package without air? That is the key. Trying to arrange a one way ticket back could be very expensive. If want to stay three week just make you own air arrangements and take the basic package without air.

And, yes, July and August is high time for nearly everything.

Good luck.

Posted by
11507 posts

Frank, sorry to disagree on one point, , but hotels in Paris usually offer lower rates starting in mid to late July through August, the "L'ete Promotions". I travel in summer all the time and find lowest rates( as compared to higher rates in June and September) in August.

I have never used packages for hotels, I find best rates on my own.. I usaully find what I want , in central area, cleam etc,, for about 100-120 euros a night.
There are many cheaper, but usaully not as central as I prefer.

The most expensive part of trip will likely be flight, and yes, as Frank said,, July and August are highest for flights.

Have you done any searches for flights?

Posted by
1358 posts

Unless conditions have changed, most of France takes August as vacation time.

That may or may not affect your visit. Just be aware of the change in conditions and do your research before you go.