Please sign in to post.

Rome to Paris

I am trying to find the most cost effective way to get from Rome to Paris. My cruise disembarks in Rome and I'm flying out of Paris. The car rental appears to be about a 12 hour drive. Can you share your train information with me regarding EuroStar?

Posted by
875 posts

I was researching the same thing recently and found that flying on Easy Jet was the easiest, cheapest way to get there. When I looked it was about 38 euros/person....and it is soooo much faster!

Posted by
8700 posts

Cancel the thought of renting a car. There is a huge fee for picking up a car in one country and dropping it off in another.

If you fly, your best budget airline choices are Ciampino-Orly on easyJet and Fiumicino-CDG on Vueling.

EuroStar Italia trains operate only within Italy.

IMO, your best train option is the direct night train that departs at 18:40 and arrives at 09:16. It will be more expensive than flying on a budget airline, but you will save the cost of a night in a hotel. For timetables and fares, go to the Trenitalia site. Enter an arbitrary date less than 90 days from today.

Posted by
1358 posts

Be sure to check the airports that EasyJet uses in each city.

Some travelers complain that they are sometimes quite a distance from the city center. And may not have public transportation.

Cab fare can be expensive. Do your research before booking. Also check on luggage limitations.

Posted by
11507 posts

I flew one way , from Paris to Rome this past summer. It was 80 euros per person. It used main airports( Charles de Gaulle in Paris, only a 9 euro train ride to city center or 40-60 taxi ride.

I would never take the train,, this was so quick and easy.

I used Vueling air it was great.

Posted by
1158 posts

skyscanner.com is web site I use to check airfares and other flight info.If you book ahead of time you can get an airfare for a very low price.
There are some extra fees that those small airline companies charge, liking bookings fees, but it still much cheaper then flying with a big co.

Posted by
110 posts

yep...Easyjet, vueling...sometimes even Air France.

The one advantage of taking the night train is that a)its unlikely to get cancelled because of weather, b) you're travelling at night so not wasting valuable vacation time sitting in airport lounges..and c) you're saving on the cost of a hotel room that night