Please sign in to post.

restaurants in Venice, Italy

Any suggestions about places to eat in Venice, Italy? I'm not looking for expensive meals but just good Italian food.

Posted by
10344 posts

Our restaurant recommendations will be far more useful to you, if you give us an idea of what, approximately, is the maximum you want to pay for dinner per person.

Posted by
59 posts

hi Kent,

20-40 euros for a dinner; less for lunch.

Posted by
10344 posts

Here are 6 recommended by the experts at Michelin, these 6 have meals for dinner that are €25 to €35 although their top price range is more than your €40: RialtoTrattoria alla MadonnaOsteria Enoteca GiorgioneAi FratiLa Calcina (been here)Anice Stellato (been here)To get details on all of these, go here: ViaMichelinselect Restaurant tab at top ribbonthen again select Restaurant in the pop up window at left input country/citymaybe best not to select a cooking type on your first searchbut do select your price rangecheck Red Guide Selection (but don't check The Best Restaurants, because Venice doesn't have very many Michelin star restaurants)then click Searchin pop-up on left click DistanceI gave you the first six, which include two I've been to but all 6 should be good because Michelin knows Europe restaurantsYou need to array the list by distance in order to eliminate restaurants that are across the water on the mainlandscroll down lower right to see full details for each restaurant.And enjoy!

Posted by
2 posts

I've been to Trattoria alla Madonna twice and really enjoyed it. A little challenging to find but isn't everything in Venice?

Also enjoyed Ristorante Sempione which is located adjacent to a canal. Excellent food and service.