Please sign in to post.

Apartment rentals in Paris

Has anyone rented an apartment in Paris in the Rue Cler neighborhood or other neighborhood in a good location that they can highly recommend?

Posted by
10225 posts

Hi Lisa, I just responded to the PM you sent me but I wanted to comment on your post. I know so many people love the Rue Cler neighborhood. We stayed there our first trip to Paris in 2006. It is a perfectly nice area, but very quiet and not too convenient to much except the Eiffel Tower. After seeing other areas of Paris we decided on the Latin Quarter (5th arrondisment) for our return trip. It is closer to more things and is a more "energetic" than Rue Cler. I highly suggest an apartment. We enjoyed it so much more than a hotel.

Posted by
239 posts

Hi Lisa--We used vacationinparis and had a great experience. We stayed in the 7th, but closer to Musee d'Orsay than rue Cler. We loved the location because it was walkable to so many sites and close to good metro and RER lines. We would recommend vacation in paris.

Posted by
875 posts

We stayed in the St. Germain area (6th) on Rue St. Andre des Arts -- great location. Close to lots of cafes, the metro, St. Chappelle, Notre Dame, Ile St. Louis, Latin Quarter, Luxembourg Gardens, etc.

We used iloveparisapartments.com this year, but have also used vacationinparis.com

Posted by
501 posts

In February 2008 I rented an apartment through the Relais Bosquet. The apartment and the area were fantastic. If you go to the website, we rented the apartmnent with a separate bedroom, not the studio.

Posted by
689 posts

Paris Perfect--all their rentals are in the 7th and they are amazing, though pricey (we stayed in "Montrachet" and incredible). By the way, check out the "To the West" forum--questions about Paris apartments are asked constantly, and you'll find more info there. (Also, I very much disagree that this is not a convenient location. Paris sites are very spread out--it's a long way from Sacre Couer to the Eiffel Tower!--and no matter where you stay, you'll being taking the Metro to sights.

Posted by
31 posts

Hello Lisa,
We also used vacationinparis.com and, except for the local manager (who was obnoxious, but we only had to talk to him once), we had an excellent experience. We (a family of four) rented a small apartment in the 7th, near Rue Cler and the Ecole Militaire metro stop. The rate was very reasonable and the apartment had everything we needed. Vacationinparis is easy to use and they have a lot of apartments to choose from.

We LOVED the neighborhood (we stayed there last November) and would definitely stay there again.