Please sign in to post.

4 weeks in Europe

My boyfriend and I are planning a 4 week trip to Europe in the spring. We have already bought our flights to london and know that we will be going to Ireland after we get there for St. Patricks Day. But we are having a hard time deciding what cities/countries to go to next and how much time we have to spend in each? We would like to spend the bulk of our time in Italy, but also see Paris, Madrid and Amsterdam. Is this possible? Any suggestions?

Posted by
4132 posts

Know thyself and what you like to do. Where to go is ultimately a personal decision. All your proposed destinations are world class. Be brutally honest with yourselves to maximize the experience and minimize regret.

If you are planning to spend the bulk of four weeks in Italy, and the first week or so is already spoken for in London and Ireland, you may want to fly directly to Rome and work your way north. Given that it will still be late winter, starting south lets you enjoy milder weather.

After that if there's time you could continue to Paris and even Amsterdam; I'd pick one, and fly home from there. Leave Madrid for another trip.

Planning a trip is work, but also fun. Good luck!