Please sign in to post.

Salzburg - Hotel Zur Goldenen Ente or Hotel Weisse Taube - HELP!!

We've received a lot of great feedback on where to stay in Salzburg and we've pretty much narrowed our choices down to these 2 hotels.

Would appreciate opinions on each and why you would stay there, as opposed to the other.

Thanks!

Posted by
386 posts

Greg,
I have heard good things about both places - follow your heart and instincts.

When I stay overnight in the city I stay at:
http://www.hotel-jedermann.at/#/en-index.htm

only a few walking minutes to the Old Town,
I like the atmosphere and the prices there.

Whatever you decide, you will love Salzburg. Enjoy! :-))

Posted by
186 posts

Perry,
Thanks. That's a great idea. They're both within a few hundred yards of each other.

Posted by
956 posts

We stayed at the Weisse Taube last September. Half a block from a nice Irish pub. Half a block from Mozartsplatz (is that what it was called?!?) About a block from the main road with all the shops/restaurants. A block from a bus stop. A block from the river. I can't remember, but it was pretty close to the base of the castle. Bottom line, very close to everything. When I was researching, the Goldene Ente was too expensive for us. Weisse Taube gave us a 10% discount with Rick Steve's book. I found our room to be spacious considering it was a European hotel... Breakfast was very nice. Internet use was only a few Euros/day in the lobby.

Posted by
125 posts

I also stayed at Weisse Taube for 4 days and loved it. It was in a great location, by the bus and river like Amy said. In our room we had a hot water pot and a mini fridge which was great because there was a grocery store within a 5 minute walk. The room was comfortable but ours was on the street side which was loud a few days, so you may want to ask for a room in back. The staff was great and answered all of my many questions and the daliy breakfast was yummy. As you can tell, I highly recommend this place.

Posted by
18 posts

Greg,

I stayed 2 nights at the Golden Ent in May 2005. I enjoyed the stay and the wait staff was helpful. They gave me a RS discount. Only draw back I had was with traveling with a car had to park in the City lots and walk into the old town but that is the case with all old town locations. It was a great location and would recommend.